Lin Convery - Marriage and Civil Celebrant

Documents you will need if coming from Overseas
Outdoor Wedding Celebrant

When marrying in Australia, certain legal requirements must be fulfilled.  (You can visit for further details).

  • If you are born overseas, you will need an Overseas passport or a birth certificate translated in English (if necessary). An Australian passport is not acceptable.
  • If you have previously been married, you will need decree absolute (final divorce papers) or a death certificate in English.
  • All of these papers must be bought with you on arrival to Australia for sighting by me.  Please note that you cannot be married in Australia unless you have these original papers with you.
  • You must complete a ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ which you can download above or obtain from the Australian High Commission, Embassy or the Australian Foreign Affairs Department in your country. The back of the Form will tell you who can witness the form for you. You will need to get the form witnessed by the Australian Embassy or Consulate in your country or by a Notary Public Person.  This form must then be lodged with me no later than one calendar month and one day prior to the wedding date, by email or fax. I will arrange all the legal paper work necessary for you to be married here in Australia.
  • You will be given a presentation marriage certificate on your wedding day. You will need to obtain a stamped registered copy of your full legal marriage certificate from the ‘Births Deaths and Marriages’ registry office. I will provide you with the necessary documents to enable you to do this.

Quick links